• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assembly Line Pics

91W350

Thanks for the photos, history like that is sweet to see. I am betting the line workers enjoyed putting these together. They had to be so much simpler than a loaded civilian version.

airmech

I work on GA birds, mostly the basic fleet up to King-air size. I was a 2531(comm) with an airwing but never got to play with those unfortunately.

citizensoldier

yep! I think thats the Flint Truck and Bus plant.. I drove by it every day on my way to school drooling over them trucks when I was a kid.. They would have acres of them getting ready for shipment. I believe they produced them on the same assembly line as the civi trucks. The computer would spit out the specs for each unit. Those were the days you could order a stripped down truck or a fancy truck with many options. Take your pick and mix match things.. I miss those days..

Tanner

The 2 guys in the pit in Photo 1 were tasked with spraying a pre-rusting agent into the fenders & rockers... :wink:

'Tanner'