• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistance with ID of Air Spring

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got mine new ones from Will aka Suprman today and made the repair. Good to have air ratchet. To hold up the horse shoe bracket I took a heavy plastic tie strap and right where the tube for the spare tire and latch for the cab meets I tied up the horse shoe so it would stay right where it is to make the repair.

Last edited:

Baja2dakar

I posted this in the shock absorber thread. I pulled my cab springs apart and sourced them to a company named Power Packer. They sell the entire unit or the rebuild kit. I rebuilt both my cab shocks and they are working well. Rebuild kit is $195 per shock from their distributor Ohio Hydraulics. It is the outer bag assembly so you need to check the shock absorber is in good operating condition before rebuilding the bag assembly.

If your bags are not cracked and leaking you can also replace the o-rings that seal the bag to the shock assembly to see if that stops the leak

http://www.powerpackerus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PP_FullLine.pdf

f8617

If anyone has new a one not installed yet please take a lot of pictures of them before install, please. Especially disassembled pics.
Air bag part number appears to be (Firestone W02-328-7077, as stamped on old & new bag's steel bands)

Internal shock part number is Power Packer # pp1283870 (additionally marked T40202SA)

Symptom -- cab bounced & clanked at a 1-2 hertz cycle, when driven.
Problem -- shock eyelet bushing (16mm id, 22mm od, ~38mm long) failed (crumbled into pieces) on the shock absorber that resides within the cab air ride system.

IMG_0013.jpgIMG_0015.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

f8617

More info on Air Spring

Shock eyelet bushing, temporary substitute: Bronze Bushings (Flanged): 5/8 I.D., 1 Length, 7/8 O.D. SKU: #153315
IMG_0032.jpg

MFG's Drawing "KIT SUSPENSION AIR SHOCK Service # 1010001317"
"Bushing SBR Air Shock P/N 2010000272" (shock eyelet bushing, two needed)
"Cushion washer P/N PP1003108"
etc.
FMTV_CabAirShock_ServiceKitPN_1010001317.jpg

Last edited:

Aernan

I just received the replacement rubber air bags. Looking at the diagram does the bag unscrew from the shock? How are you able to get the bag off?

When you did the rebuild were the seals needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

With much experience, I can share that it is probably not worth your time to replace the bag without the shock. The complete assembly (new airbag and integral shock) is available here. We can share experience with "partial" replacement.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks