• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assorted HMMWV pics

GoldComet6

Hey guys.....

Just thought I'd post these pics. This HMMWV is sitting in a business parking lot about 30 miles from me. Got out the camera and took some photos. Sorry they're not the best but it was getting dark. I will post them all (because I know all of you love pics) and then may add a brief walk around video too.

Hopefully you'll enjoy them.

What can you tell me about it??

Attachments

Last edited:

GoldComet6

Last of the photos....

I'll work on uploading the video and will add it tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Attachments

GoldComet6

Just the walk around video....nothing really exciting. That's all folks......

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1pBEachQz0[/media]

Last edited:

GoldComet6

My intention was to post HMMWV pics & video that members would enjoy seeing. I didn't post a phone number or show a close up of the sign, since I didn't want to violate the forum rules on posting classified ads. Plus, I have never spoken with the owner.

Of course I can provide the contact info, so if you're serious send me a PM. Hopefully you have a large wallet, let's just say....$50,000 large. :)

I hope this thread is still barely within the forum rules.
rofl

TedG

Hey guys.....

What can you tell me about it??
To answer the op question: (good pictures btw)
It is a 1986-88 M998 converted to a M1045 slantback with supplemental armor doors and cooling stack side protection, lighter version top grill. It has older radial 12 bolt rims with older radial tires. Front hubs have a bracket on them that does not belong there (only rears), it has updated seats, Park has been added to the transmission and shifter was changed, the rear airlift bumber was added with the tire carrier, the air intake box bracket is the old style (add more power by replacing with rubber boot type), older style weapons mount and pin is not stored properly, looks like enamel paint over carc paint, winch added. Interior is not complete for the M1045 setup.

Oh and since it is a slant back, the water on the windsheild is probably on the inside since they leak so much! lol

It is a nice looking M998 converted slantback truck and I will not comment on the price since you can buy 2.5 hmmwv's for that price. lol

aximony

Nice pictures.

It looks like it was raining before you took the photos. Does CARC paint react to water the same way this paint does, or is it more uniform looking?