• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATF leak at shift lever

alburms311

M1009, I have a fairly decent ATF leak that appears to be coming from where the shift lever enters the pan. The cork gasket(which sucks, and I over torqued so there are small leaks around that in places) was installed along with a new filter a few months back, and the leak has slowly appeared and now needs to be addressed. I plan on dropping the pan and using RTV this time, but my question is this. Is there some type of seal that may have gone bad on the inside of the area I circled in the picture? I don't recall there being anything in that area.
.1009 006 (Medium).jpg

alburms311

Thanks for the generic answer....:beer:I looked in the TM and didn't see anything, that doesn't mean there isn't though. Guess Ill find out Saturday or Sunday.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-289-34P, Figure 76, Item #13

$5.69 at Napa

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks