• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATF mixed with diesel

a68cudas

My dad has run it in his semis for years. Last truck that he had went over 900,000 miles before the injectors went bad......the injectors were rated for 100,000 miles. Before him my Grandfather ran it in all of his company semis without issue for years. Don't use the synthetic stuff however, that will ruin your day.

at what ratio are you adding the ATF to diesel :?:

Jett1

I read in a Diesel Power mag article a guy running 50/50 diesel atf in an PS Excursion. If my memory is correct he also used a fuel conditioner also. The atf was used to offset the cost of diesel not to (wet) the diesel. Add a little till you see a difference in how it runs then back off. that what I would do.

Tanner

ATF has been found to work best in... automatic transmissions. Period.

All I ever hear is anecdotal evidence regarding how people ran 8 million miles on diesel mixed with ATF, or the engine loosened up, or ran smoother, or the 'butt-dyno' said I was making 18% more power, or...

Where is the empirical evidence to support the assertion that the addition of any 'fluids' to diesel fuel makes the vehicle better/stronger/faster?

The injection pump and/or engine you kill may be your own...

'Tanner'

Samyguy

diesel is a oil, a very light oil
yes, I have run hyd. oil (10 W), up 50% before it made starting hard.
But once running ,it's fine As long as you can get it though your filter!!!
or you top end power will suffer!!!

Milkman357

Oil burning heater

The transmission shop where I can get some used Tranny fluid says they burn it in their Used Oil Heater in the winter with no problems. He had stated they only use synthetic transmission fluid.

I was going to start off with about a 30% blend... 10 gallons in my M-1009s tank.

Probably not go over 50%... I live in Iowa so this is something I'm only going to be able todo part of the year anyway, because of the cold weather.

Although that is an interesting idea... using gasoline to thin the used oil, for winter use.

I am going to run this mixture thru a Spin on filter assembly.. I was wanting to install magnets on the filter to help catch metal filings..... where is a good place to buy strong magnets?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to keep your IP and injectors clean, add acetone to your fuel. 1 oz per ten gallons of fuel (gas or diesel).

Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage

I've used it for more than ten years now. In gas or diesel, I get better mpg and BOTH my CUCV's run quieter and get better MPG. It also gave me better MPG in my deuce when I had it.

I do like ATF as a cleaner, but with Acetone, it's so much easier.

Tanner

The transmission shop where I can get some used Tranny fluid says they burn it in their Used Oil Heater in the winter with no problems.
Burning ATF in a used oil heater is quite a bit different than running it through an injection pump & burning it in a diesel engine...

'Tanner'

Milkman357

proved it for myself!

Running 50% tranny fluid in your CUCV will clog the injectors!
Causing tuff starts, smoking under acceleration and loss of power.

I havn't given yup! After adding some power service the injectors were cleaned somewhat. I had a SPARE 6.2L in a can (Thanks GL) so I swapped injectors.

When changing injectors, just get new rubber return lines.... Trust me. The time spent with them little clips, that hold return lines on, was a waste.

I am going to try 20% tranny fluid and treat every gallon with Power Service injector cleaner. That's what I should have done first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks