• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATF red dye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the fine print when you sign the application for your drivers license of vehicle regisration . You agree to the inspections when you sign your name.
This makes it a contract. Just like any consenting search, consent can be withdrawn or limited at any time. At that point, it's a civil matter, not a legal matter.

Your access to the roads isn't a right, it's a privilege.

...And this is where I disagree....our country was founded on the principles of freedom, not government control... I'm toeing a fine line between it becoming a political post, and a legal matter post, so I'll keep it short. Just because you're taught something, and 'that's the way it's always been' doesn't mean it's the right thing. My taxpayer dollars go to fund the roads, they're owned by the people, not the gov't..

You do what you do, I'll do what I do, and we'll come together to help each other out when it's needed..

For the record, I don't run dyed fuel, off road fuel, etc, but I'm a huge proponent of individual rights, if you couldn't tell. As such, I'm strongly opposed to any such roadside searches, regardless of what law was made to justify them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This makes it a contract. Just like any consenting search, consent can be withdrawn or limited at any time. At that point, it's a civil matter, not a legal matter.

...And this is where I disagree....our country was founded on the principles of freedom, not government control... I'm toeing a fine line between it becoming a political post, and a legal matter post, so I'll keep it short. Just because you're taught something, and 'that's the way it's always been' doesn't mean it's the right thing. My taxpayer dollars go to fund the roads, they're owned by the people, not the gov't..

You do what you do, I'll do what I do, and we'll come together to help each other out when it's needed..

For the record, I don't run dyed fuel, off road fuel, etc, but I'm a huge proponent of individual rights, if you couldn't tell. As such, I'm strongly opposed to any such roadside searches, regardless of what law was made to justify them.
Disagree all you like, but there's no right to the roads in the constitution. You are correct, fuel taxes do go to fund the roads. However, I'd love to see anyone lay claim to a section of roadway they call their own.

I too understand where you're coming from. And agree that individual rights are eroding every day. But I personally would have no problem with searches, since it's the only way tax evasion could be verified. I just make sure I follow the law. I've been asked previously to search my vehicle. And I immediately said sure and started opening the door. The officer then said, no, nevermind. Should law enforcement have their way? No, I can't say that. But they're human too and a little respect (as I've found from mutiple encounters) goes a long way. If I'm ever in a circumstance where there's been an abuse of power, there will never be a factor of my actions complicating the matter. I'll let a judge/jury decide that with the facts.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ONE thing a lot of you guys that are trying to get around the red dye laws NEED to remember is , We in Ga. as well as people in other states ARE trying to get MV friendly laws passed, other people (yes not only MVers follow SS) read about how to get around THE LAW or INGNOR the LAW, WILL NOT look good for the WHOLE MV hobby world, if fact DO a LOT of harm, could be ONE more nail in the MV coffin, there are a lot of people out there that DONOT think that MVs should be in private hands.

Your truck, your fine, just keep it to yourself, the WHOLE word does NOT need to know your breaking the law and which is making ALL MV owners look bad.

This thread should either be gone or be sanitized.

Last edited:

Mercunimog404

Banned
.........Which would constitute a search. A search without consent is per se unreasonable with few exceptions. 1. Warrant 2. Exigent Circumstances.

Exigent circumstances do not exist, leaving #1, warrant.

Warrants require PC, there must be a reason to believe that there is a crime occurring, and that the search will reveal evidence of the crime. There must be articulable facts as to why there is sufficient reason to believe that a crime is taking place, and the evidence is to be found in the place(s) named on the warrant to be issued.

Much like refusing a search of your car is not PC for a warrant, refusing to dip is likewise not PC for a warrant.

However, with as corrupt a system as we have, it wouldn't surprise me if one were issued.

Commercial drivers may be different, as I'm sure some states require prior consent built into their CDL requirements, requiring you comply with dippers.
Hey now don't throw politics on here. Especially on this site. We all need to be good sheeple. Nothing to see here. Move on please. Crap now this will probably be deleted. Oh well. Good sheeple.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey now don't throw politics on here. Especially on this site. We all need to be good sheeple. Nothing to see here. Move on please. Crap now this will probably be deleted. Oh well. Good sheeple.
Let me tell you something, to YOU my statement may sound silly, ect., There are a lot more at stake then red fuel, this hobby is on a very thin line, everything from pulling ALL regs. to OFF ROAD only, to parade only, it happened in one state already, the law got changed though the HARD work of a lot of people, this hobby is so Unimportant to most state governments that it is not even on the radar (NOT a REVENUE generator), so ANYTHING that puts this hobby in a bad light is just another nail in the coffen.

Has NOTHING to do with "sheeple", IT has to do with people that care and want to see this hobby PROSPER, if you feel we are "sheele", you ARE in the WRONG hobby.

Mercunimog404

Banned
Let me tell you something, to YOU my statement may sound silly, ect., There are a lot more at stake then red fuel, this hobby is on a very thin line, everything from pulling ALL regs. to OFF ROAD only, to parade only, it happened in one state already, the law got changed though the HARD work of a lot of people, this hobby is so Unimportant to most state governments that it is not even on the radar (NOT a REVENUE generator), so ANYTHING that puts this hobby in a bad light is just another nail in the coffen.

Has NOTHING to do with "sheeple", IT has to do with people that care and want to see this hobby PROSPER, if you feel we are "sheele", you ARE in the WRONG hobby.
I wasn't talking about your statement was I crazy? I just told the gentlemen not to talk politics in here because it's frowned upon in this establishment. Being a good sheeple is just doing what the gov says and not questioning if it's in accordance with the constitution. And fighting it if it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks