• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Athens, Ga to Columbia, SC 7-2-11

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Tomorrow morning, clintogf and I will be delivering a deuce to it's new owner. We'll leave here (Winder, near Athens, 30666) around 0600 and anticipate making the 169 mile trip in 4 hours.

We're meeting the new owner at exit 55 on I-20 in Columbia.

He'll be going on from there to Scranton, SC (29591). Yes, I am going to recruit him to SS and the Ga. Rally. :D

If anyone is around who can offer assist in the event of an unplanned emergency (most of my emergencies are planned out in advance :p ), we would appreciate it.

Yes, I will post pics when we return home. After clintogf takes me the Varsity for lunch!!!!!!

Much thanks to Ferrogynecologist for providing some intel on the Columbia area.

zout

Dang that Varsity has good onion rings.

I am not much help headed that way - but you can call me if you break down for a shoulder to cry on rofl

jeepzilla47

Hey Clint,

This is Mike, the almost new owner of my first deuce!! You don't have to worry about recruiting me for SS! I have been a long time lurker. I would be interested in the rally though. I guess we can talk about it tomorrow morning. I can't wait till I can:driver: if I can find a tow bar in time, I can get a buddy to tow me with a dump truck if it decides to lay down on me

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The SC Hiway Patrol will be out in force. Watch out along I20 between MM 40 and 44. That is the #1 hunting spot on I 20. I will be on I 20 about the same time, heading to Winnsboro SC. Should you have problems, call me at 706-829-3166. Where are you meeting him at exit 55? There is a shopping center about .5 miles south of I 20, that would give you enough room to make the exchange.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Clint,

This is Mike, the almost new owner of my first deuce!! You don't have to worry about recruiting me for SS! I have been a long time lurker. I would be interested in the rally though. I guess we can talk about it tomorrow morning. I can't wait till I can:driver: if I can find a tow bar in time, I can get a buddy to tow me with a dump truck if it decides to lay down on me
Ha! I should have known. Anyone who wants a deuce ends up on SS.

I can tell you all about the rally. Your life will be incomplete without attending it!

Check this out: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/59085-newer-2010-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html

Like I said, this has been a reliable truck for us, I feel confident making a long trek in it, I just like to have my ducks in a row when taking one of these far away. You can't call a rollback for one of these like you do with a Honda!

The SC Hiway Patrol will be out in force. Watch out along I20 between MM 40 and 44. That is the #1 hunting spot on I 20. I will be on I 20 about the same time, heading to Winnsboro SC. Should you have problems, call me at 706-829-3166. Where are you meeting him at exit 55? There is a shopping center about .5 miles south of I 20, that would give you enough room to make the exchange.
Ferro sent me the following pm:

Exit 55 is in lexington, there is a huge parking lot in a closed down grocery store there if you exit and turn right, it is half mile down from the interstate on the right

I assume Ferro knew I was heading West so he would have told me to turn right if you are describing the same place.

I will be careful and wear my seatbelt :D

Have a safe trip! Looking forward to pictures.

Was this the deuce you had listed on CL?
Yes. Although we are looking at another mule I believe I can convince clintogf to sell all her deuces and get us a DUKW. It is my goal.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
lol you mean traveling East Clint...

yes, I meant the same parking lot that JP mentioned. I tell you how to get there by road, John expects you to have a compass handy. lol.

JP and I will be in Winnsboro, but if something happens the XM818 and towbar are at the house, you can go get them or we can get them and come to you.

You got my digits.

Adam

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto,
Since I need to cut the grass in the morning, I'll be around (I'm between Exit 58 and 61 on I-20) during your trip. Call if you need anything. I know how to get to Ferro's in case the tow bar is needed.

Capt.Marion

Yes. Although we are looking at another mule I believe I can convince clintogf to sell all her deuces and get us a DUKW. It is my goal.
Maybe you should start with a GPS... I love the Garmin that I occasionally use. It comes in handy when you need it!

MitchG

Clinto,I 'll be around the house tomorrow as well. I'm not far from I-20 if you need help. I'll PM you my digits

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Clinto,
Since I need to cut the grass in the morning, I'll be around (I'm between Exit 58 and 61 on I-20) during your trip. Call if you need anything. I know how to get to Ferro's in case the tow bar is needed.
Sounds like you fellers have the "Grand Master" covered but since he is technically a Georgia assett.....call me if ya need me.:beer:
Might take awhile ta get there.:p

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Leaving now, see everyone in a bit! Thanks for all the #'s!

C

jeepzilla47

Its home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just got back to Scranton SC with the truck!!!!:jumpin: Truck ran great, looks like it burned ~30 gallons (~300 miles) (~9-10mpg). No issues!!! Got to meet Clinto and Clintogf and they are great people! thanks to everyone that offered to help if we had problems....if ya'll are every traveling this way, let me know if I can help.

this was the first time I ever drove a deuce, and going through down town Columbia was an adventure in its self!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am put out! Came alongside Clinto in my LWB Chevy, and tried to wave at Clinto! He was so fixed on the road, he never saw me! Looks like you had things well in hand, so I left you. (EMD567, posting under Ferro's sgn name)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tigger, if you ever see UPS tractor 266666, call me on channel 23. I run I 20 between Aiken and Columbia.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks