• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATHS Truck Show Perris, CA 5-6-12

armytruck63

Everyone,
I am a board member of the Southern California chapter of the American Truck Historical Society. We are having our annual truck show at the Orange Empire Railway Museum in Perris, CA on Sunday, May 6th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

I would like to invite all of my Steel Soldiers friends in the area to the show. Military Vehicles have their own area at the show and awards are given for best heavy and light mv.

There is some dry camping available at the "Hobo Camp" at the museum on Saturday night.

I have attached the show entry form. The cost for entry is $20 per vehicle.

Please PM me if you have any questions about the show.

Thanks,
Matt
AKA armytruck63

Attachments

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it should be an interesting show. I'm on the other side of the U.S. so it's a little too far for me. Hope you're able to get some military trucks out there for it. I'm also a member of the forums at BinderPlanet.com (I have a WWII IH 6x6 rust bucket). Would you mind if I posted a copy of your PDF over there in the military truck section?

On a different note are you on the ATHS forums? I go by the same user name over there that I use here. I'm also the VP of the mid-Florida ATHS chapter.

armytruck63

Ruppster, yes, please post the PDF file on BinderPlanet.com too. Thanks!

I need to get on the ATHS forums. My job is moving me to a different part of SoCal soon, so things have been quite crazy lately.

We are having an "ATHS members only" tour on Saturday, May 5th. Anyone can PM me for details.

PS: The International is my favorite WWII 2 1/2 ton!

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, done. Here's a link to the thread I started over there.

Upcoming truck show in southern California (Perris) - Binder Planet Forums

The PDF flyer was a little too large so I couldn't add it as an attachment over there. So I cheated and uploaded a copy to my secondary web site and just posted a link to it.

http://www.atc-m.us/PDF/ATHS_SOCAL_Truck_Show.pdf

Feel free to use that link if you need it.

As far as WWII IH's I agree. Being a Mopar guy I would rather have a 1.5 ton Dodge 6x6 but the IH M-5-6 is close enough. :) The problem is when it comes to WWII IH's most of the parts trucks are on the west coast. I need an open cab but have not had much luck finding any parts on the east coast. Might have to convert it to a civilian closed cab as a backup.

Anyhow, good luck with the show. Don't forget to post a lot of pictures over on the ATHS forum. And hope all goes well with your upcoming move.