• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Atlanta Agent needed

Craig A Tull

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but it seemed the closest I could find.
I am considering the possibility of getting an "agent" to work on my behalf in the Atlanta area to help me acquire a M939A2 series truck, preferably a M923A2, this is not a formal position, I just need someone that has the time to pre-inspect and possibly remove the vehicle from the base and do some light maintenance to prepare it for a run back to Texas.
So what say you???
Thanks
Craig

CycleJay

Hello Craig,

Perhaps I can help, since I live in the Atlanta area.
However, what kind of "light maintenance" would you like done?

And when would you need the pre-inspection and possible removal done?

Please private message me to further discuss this.
I would like to help if possible.

Good day,

CJ

P.s. By the way, I see that it has a •Complete air brake system.
Would anyone with a standard drivers license be able to legally drive these trucks?

Craig A Tull

Thanks for the response CJ I am looking for someone with experience with the 5 ton trucks that could do mechanical trouble shooting and repair of minor (hopefully minor) issues
Not sure about GA but in TX if it is registered as an RV or as a Farm truck (could be ether in my case) anyone can drive them, in the case of a farm truck in some cases the driver does not even have to be of age and have a license, IE a 12 year old driving a 5 ton grain truck from one pasture to another on a farm to market road (been there done that),,, gota love TX

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure about GA but in TX if it is registered as an RV or as a Farm truck (could be ether in my case) anyone can drive them, in the case of a farm truck in some cases the driver does not even have to be of age and have a license, IE a 12 year old driving a 5 ton grain truck from one pasture to another on a farm to market road (been there done that),,, gota love TX
In Georgia, a Class C license is not legal to drive the truck. You would either need a Class B or A CDL or a Class E.

CycleJay

Craig,
No worries.
I was going to politely decline, as I am ignorant when it comes to the experience and skills you require in a person,
to act as an agent for you.
About the only thing I could do for you is make a visual inspection for you.

My apologies.
What I need to do, is seek the knowledge to learn more about these trucks, so I can be more helpful to others in the future.
Good luck.

Good day,

CJ