• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Atlanta people, M1009 jumpstart needed...

Amtracker

Ditto this. Never had a problem getting it to go. Some times take longer than others, but it's been happening more frequently recently, even on the hot Virginia summers. I'm thinking there's something else going on here, but I know if I needed to get it started, I won't have a problem jumpstarting from a civilian car to the back battery.

I jumped my M1009 with our van, hooked up the jumper cables to the back battery, no problem worked great

CycleJay

Ditto this. Never had a problem getting it to go. Some times take longer than others, but it's been happening more frequently recently, even on the hot Virginia summers. I'm thinking there's something else going on here, but I know if I needed to get it started, I won't have a problem jumpstarting from a civilian car to the back battery.
Hello Amtracker,

Thanks for the ditto to the tip.

I have one question though.

When hooking up jumper cables to the back battery, do I disconnect the front battery from the back battery first?

Thank you, good night,

CJ

Chief_919

Hello Amtracker,

Thanks for the ditto to the tip.

I have one question though.

When hooking up jumper cables to the back battery, do I disconnect the front battery from the back battery first?

Thank you, good night,

CJ
Leave them connected- doing this works if the batteries are weak, but may not if they are dead.

Wal-Mart sells a 6 amp 12v charger for aroudn $25- get one and charge each battery about 12 hours, or charge the front one and jump the rear.

CycleJay

Hello Chief,

Thanks for the tips, I will let into that the next time I go to Walmart.
At least when I have money to spend again. Which may be soon, I hope.

When I went to work today, it seems like business may be finally slowly picking up again.
So if that is true, I will be making more money soon, and then I can start putting any extra after bills,
into my M1009 and slowly get it in tip top shape, and I intend on doing most of it myself.

Have a good night,

CJ

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
All,

It's taken care of. There was air in the line.

We can't forget to tell folks to pull the pink wire and have a second person crank the engine while the vent is open. You should also let the fuel come out fully and then close the vent while the engine is still being cranked.

CycleJay

Carnac,

Thank you again for coming out and getting it running.
That was a nice surprise to come home from work,
and see that you were there and got it running.

Now I should be able to drive it back and forth to work.

I really appreciate it, and I owe you one.

I still have not started it, I am waiting until morning, like you recommended.

I will let you know what happens.

Thank you, have a good night,

CJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks