• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Atomic's new M37

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well the last M37 we saved from the scrapper a few months ago finally found a good home.

Atomic and I worked out a mutually agreeable deal and he came to pick her up today so technically, she's still part of the CAMO family!!

Here a couple of pics of the newest happy camper with his new project loaded for the trip home:

Attachments

Last edited:

wdbtchr

Looks good to me, what's the story on the drivetrain? Mine came from a rural firedept. and was basically stock but they did terible things to the wiring. I wish I could find a hard top like that for mine but so far no joy. I think they are the coolest of trucks.2cents That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Congratulations guys :beer:
Look very nice project...It is a bit hard to believe they sold it for scrap...Jim
Well actually the Fire Department did not sell the trucks for scrap (there were 2 of them). The FD sold them to another feller who kept them for some period of time then HE sold them for scrap.:shock:

The feller that owns the scrap yard called me the day he got them and we saved them a trip to China!

3dAngus

We all have different preferences for good reasons. As for me, this is probably the single most desirable truck out there.
I have a special attachment to it.
Congrats on the purchase. It looks like a fun project.

zout

Sounds like we'll be seeing another project thread here on SS - great fella to make the deal with and especially keeping the iron in CAMO. Looks like he never wiped that smile off his face the whole time at CAMO - those 37's are some great pieces. He has time to get it ready to drive up to the cookout and show it off :beer: