• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATS powered M1008

CA_CUCV

Hey all, thought I'd introduce myself. Last March I bought my 1987 M1008 from a kid a few miles away. The thing was a little abused, it had loose and broken bolts everywhere. The kid told me he painted the custom camo himself, I think it looks like butt with gray, brown and black camo, and he only did one side of the truck. I've tried to keep as much dirt and mud caked on it so I can't see it so much.:razz: Somebody before me did some crazy sawzalling to the front wheelwells that I'll just leave alone for now, but it too looks like butt.:evil:

Anyway, other than that it is a great truck with only around 85,000 miles. When I bought the truck it came with a brand new ATS turbo kit in a box. Just recently I installed the turbo and I love it to death. The truck wouldn't get out of it's own way before, now it has way more power, enough to tow even.

You can check it out on my cardomain page if you want: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3184140

BobM

That is a cool truck. I am envious.[thumbzup]
Do you have a tach to see what rpms you are turning? What size are those tires? I am trying to get the parts all together to put a 700R4 in my 1008.

BobM

Man, if I were just closer!:roll:
I have a 700R4 with a 241 T-case and adapter out of a 'burb. But it is from a gasser and i need a converter and flexplate, plus the TV cable and parts.
Patience.....patience......;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks