• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attempting Recovery From Huntsville Alabama to Phoenix Arizona.

dmetalmiki

You know what..THAT adventure and determination kinda' brought a lump to my throat...H....S...! you DESERVE that truck bless ya! You must have a realy good feeling about that vehicle right now...take a well deserved pat on the back..both for bieng a Vet and a deserved "wild drive" ex-military truck collector. Fantastic...(wonder's just HOW you felt as you rolled up (just) near home.........)

Douflo

As promised here are some PICs of the truck and the trip.

I had to include a PIC of Cooks Truck Repair in Huntsville. He gave me a great deal on some work I needed done and got me on my way.

The only issues I had on the trip were dead batteries at the GL lot. My buddy and I spent most of Monday picking up the truck and getting the truck road ready. We then had to drive about 10 hours to Texarkana to pick up the super singles I bought too. We had a 9:00 am pick up. We were able to get a few hours sleep that night. After we picked up the tires we drove straight to AZ non stop. Wow 55 never felt sooooo slow. Everyother truck and car on the road passed us. There were only two other slower cars that I actually had to pass.:)

Spent some time at the DMV today getting it legal. Wow so many looks as I drive this around town.

My stress level is much different knowing I am local now. Breaking down now is not that big of a deal.

So glad I was able to drive it home. Painful but worth it....

Now I need to find a better place to park it. If anybody knows of a place in Northwest Peoria please let me know. Cant wait to change out the tires.

Attachments

91W350

I will never forget my first deuce recovery. I had never operated a Multifuel Deuce before. Had a couple of old gassers and worked on a couple for area farmers, but I was pretty green. Thankfully, Karl Kostner met me at Deuceman51's yard in Scotland and accompanied me to Ellsworth. We had a few issues, but it was a trip I will cherish forever. Lots of great people on this site! My only regret was not taking more photos, it was cold though, very cold. -12 the night before we went out to start it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/64906-ellsworth-deuce-recovery.html

I am glad yours went well too, it is an adventure you will never forget. Thanks for sharing and if you have more photos.... post them up. We love photos! Glen