• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attn Florida: GL is charging for SF97s

scrapman

There is the possibility that a percentage of the $60 is for the State of Florida title. Florida does charge for title issues & transfers on everthing else. A plain jane SF97is just a bill of sale from the gov't. Florida is the one who requires all sales processed through the state be issued with a Florida state title. GL is licensed as an motor vehichle dealer in the state. That is why if you live in Kentucy & buy a truck in South Carolina you end up with a Florida title. GL uses Eglin to process many sales.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, any truck sold in FL to a FL resident does require a title. Go to any other dealership and buy a vehicle and you will pay title fees. I consider it a bargain to pay $60 for a title in my name and not even leaving the easy chair. Anyone gone to the FL DMV with an SF97 in hand and walk out happy? I've done the SF97 crap here and will gladly pay $60 for a FL title. They are required but they are not free. The free ones were during the backlog when the fee was waived for periods over 30 days. $60 for and SF97 a scam, paying it for a FL title is a bargain.

bassetdeuce

OK, any truck sold in FL to a FL resident does require a title. Go to any other dealership and buy a vehicle and you will pay title fees. I consider it a bargain to pay $60 for a title in my name and not even leaving the easy chair. Anyone gone to the FL DMV with an SF97 in hand and walk out happy? I've done the SF97 crap here and will gladly pay $60 for a FL title. They are required but they are not free. The free ones were during the backlog when the fee was waived for periods over 30 days. $60 for and SF97 a scam, paying it for a FL title is a bargain.
Got it, all clear now. Ill happily pay the fees.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While we're on the subject....I talked to ITS titles in NV this week. I was informed that as of July 1st, some new law goes into effect, and they will no longer be able to get titles for military vehicles.

bassetdeuce

While we're on the subject....I talked to ITS titles in NV this week. I was informed that as of July 1st, some new law goes into effect, and they will no longer be able to get titles for military vehicles.
Very interesting. Florida law? Does that apply to this particular company, or all titling companies dealing with Florida?

From section 5B of the GL terms and conditions: "GL will determine whether your state requires a state certificate of title or a SF97. "

From section 5C: "You are solely responsible for researching state requirements for titling and registration in your state and determining if the documentation provided by us will be accepted by your state or local Department of Motor Vehicles. "

Just tell GL that your state will accept a SF97 (if they will) and that you don't need a title from FL and you won't pay for one.

Chief_919

From section 5B of the GL terms and conditions: "GL will determine whether your state requires a state certificate of title or a SF97. "

From section 5C: "You are solely responsible for researching state requirements for titling and registration in your state and determining if the documentation provided by us will be accepted by your state or local Department of Motor Vehicles. "

Just tell GL that your state will accept a SF97 (if they will) and that you don't need a title from FL and you won't pay for one.

Huh? The same $60 charge applies no matter if you get an SF-97 or a FL title.

Dave08

I was charge $77 for each Florida title to my M109s. I have not submitted the SF97s for my M105A2 yet. I did receive both of my Florida Titles to my M109s in the mail last week. I can now register and get plates for them both. If someone just paid $60 then they got a deal; I guess it all depends on who you talk to when you apply for the SF 97
Dave08

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks