• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auber EGT Pyro installed

TACTICAL6

With plenty of guidance on the site, and a little from Kipman & Speddmon, I installed the Pyro yesterday. Really simple job, only took a few hours. The alarm function on this is really sweet. An annoying bright blue LED comes on at whatever temp you set the alarm at to let you know to back off the throttle. Also an option to add an audible alarm, but the blue LED is plenty bright enough to get your attention.

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a little extra cable in the photo. He should be able to open the window for a little flow through ventilation!

Congrats and enjoy your new gauge!

Rick

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet set-up. I really like mine for pretty much the same reason you mentioned. That little alarm LED is a nice feature. I set mine right at 1200 to come on and 1199 to go off so I only get the alarm just when I get to the max temp I want to run.

Edit;

I have also thought about running an aux relay off of the alarm output, and have that relay set off the air buzzer so I will definitely know when I get over temp. Haven't done it yet, and probably won't cause that blue LED gets your attention.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder how well that mount will hold up over rough terrain?

Other than that it looks good.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

With plenty of guidance on the site, and a little from Kipman & Speddmon, I installed the Pyro yesterday. Really simple job, only took a few hours. The alarm function on this is really sweet. An annoying bright blue LED comes on at whatever temp you set the alarm at to let you know to back off the throttle. Also an option to add an audible alarm, but the blue LED is plenty bright enough to get your attention.

Seems to me the best solution is Water Methanol Injection... Cools the exhaust gas, increases performance and decreases fuel consumption.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I drilled mine in place too. I drilled with a 1/8" bit until the bit was ready to go through...anybody who has done any amount of drilling in metal will know when the bit is about ready to pop through. At that point I stopped drilling and fired the truck up. Then I finished the hole, and quickly drilled the proper size hole (much easier to drill a large hole in metal if there is a smaller pilot hole to go through). Like m16ty said, there is quite a bit of air coming out of that hole. Once that was done, I shut the engine down and tapped the hole using some grease as tap lube...that trapped the shavings from the tap so they didn't go into the manifold.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
not with that...the cast manifold is soft enough to not need it. The tap cuts just fine.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well technically you are supposed to taper a hole for pipe threads...I'll look for references....Well okay, since the tap is tapered, it's only important to go just so far as to leave a tapered hole, I guess..

Last edited: