• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auburn Veterans Day Parade 8 Nov. 2014

Amer-team

Hello team, If you are looking for a spot to go through this parade, would be happy to have you along.
More to come on particulars, but we should probably be in place by 0900. They usually put us on one of the narrow side streets and if we have large trucks, that creates its own issues.

If you are with one of the other clubs, go with them and if not let me know and will keep you in the loop on parade information. P

JH1

I'd like to throw in with you, Peter. Probably the Abbot. Otherwise, the Hawk. I'll need to offload somewhere. Need 100+ feet temporarily. 51 feet after that.
JH1

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll there again, Peter. If I can get the trailer lights working I'll try to bring the trailer with the truck.

Storm 51

Amer-team

Will keep you posted on this storm. I have heard a bit of interest in doing Desert Storm, so was thinking of bringing the M923, but if I have a rider, may be bringing the 42 GPW. We will figure it out. P

Amer-team

Am still waiting on the exact street location. They are supposed to send a confirmation for this. Was asked if we will put together a Desert Storm tan vehicle group again. We did that about 3 or 4 years ago. Any one want to do that? I am thinking I will bring the tan 923. But if I am asked to carry one of the Doolittle Raiders, will be taking the 42 GPW. Will keep you posted as it gets closer.

JH1

Storm: I have some clamp-on tail lights that plug directly into mil trucks. You're welcome to use them if they'll help. Just ignore your trailer wiring altogether and plug these in.
Jim

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem I have is the truck receptacle. I need to disassemble some parts and do some grinding / machining so the receptacle door will open fully.

Thank you for the offer though!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, it is just a spring-loaded cover. The Marine Corps Lifting Shackle interferes with the cover opening all the way. I have to remove the bracket and grind or machine a small section for clearance. Not much work to accomplish the fix, but a lot of time involved in taking things apart and putting it all back together.

I just don't have a enough free time before the parade to get this fixed. I'll get it done this Fall / Winter after the parade.

Thanks for all the offers of help!

Amer-team

Message came in from the City and our starting point will be on "H" St. I think due to the size of some of our vehicles, we better plan on being there by 0900. Registration opens at 0930 and I will take care of that. For a couple of the larger vehicles such as the Abbott and if Kurt brings his maintenance truck, they will have to be staged on Main street between H and "I" streets. We will work it out.

Parade starts at 1100. There is a Pizza place down around J or K and Main that we sometimes go to for lunch afterwards if anyone is interested. Let's keep that under advisement. If you need me for more questions, please give a call. 360 870 0706 (work cell). Will do a final note probably Friday before the parade.

Amer-team

Scott we will look forward to you being there. Bring a rig or come and ride along with someone. Just got new 6TL's in the 923 today, so am ready for the drive.

Amer-team

If anyone has detailed questions about this event, you can go on the City of Auburn website and look up Veterans Parade and they have a link for line up.

We "Friends of Kilroy" will be the last unit on "H" ST SE. Except for the Abbott and Kurts Shop van. They will line up on Main street, headed west, between H and I streets. They will pull in with us as we come out of the side street.

The point here is that if you are early, hang back, don't go up to the front as it is a pain to get you back into place once the roads are clogged with vehicles and parade folks. You will probably enter H st. from 4th St. SE which is parallel to Main. As you are headed north on H, the first cross street is 2nd ST. SE, hold up there and do not proceed until we get formed up. Except for Jim and Kurt.

Once again I am thinking we should be there or close to there about 0900. Any questions, please send a note or give me a call on Friday or call Saturday morning. If I am driving, will most likely not hear the phone, but will get back to you ASAP. Thank you for participating in this event. Peter 360 870 0706 C

When we turn the corner at the end of the parade, do not stop in the street. If you need to stop, keep going and find a wide safe spot to pull over. If you stop, the whole parade stops and the parade people have a heart attack.

JH1

Weather looks dandy for the parade, for once. So after the parade, where's the party? In the past, we have sorta meandered over to a watering hole on M street. Can't remember the name of it. Lots of room to park. It's a family style restaurant.
Jim

The restaurant is called "Trotters". Hope that's not a prophetic name.... It's at 8th and M or 8th and Harvey (Harvey turns into M right there).
To get to the restaurant after the parade, which starts AND ends on M street, take a right (northbound) onto Auburn Avenue and head north to 8th. Then take a right (eastbound) and go to the restaurant at the main intersection, which is a few blocks.

Last edited:

Amer-team

Usually the group I belong to goes to the Pizza place just east of where we will be staging on Main street. Must be about J or K street and Main. We already have those arrangements in place. If anyone needs me tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning for questions, call 360 870 0706. I will be going barbaric and being off the computer till after the event.

Think I will be stopping at the end of the parade to load the WW1 group up and haul them back to the point of embarkation.

JH1

Oops, my bad. Jumped to a conclusion, again. Sounds good to me. Only in this day and age could "going barbaric" refer to only having a smart phone with a buzillion transistors for communications. Hey, does that pizza place have lots of parking?

Usually the group I belong to goes to the Pizza place just east of where we will be staging on Main street. Must be about J or K street and Main. We already have those arrangements in place. If anyone needs me tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning for questions, call 360 870 0706. I will be going barbaric and being off the computer till after the event.

Think I will be stopping at the end of the parade to load the WW1 group up and haul them back to the point of embarkation.

Amer-team

Their parking lot is not big, but there will be plenty of parking on Main St. by the time we get back there. And the pizza is decent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks