• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auburn Vets Day Parade Nov. 10, 2012

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, mine is just a little tiny M-37. It's the smallest truck they had. Your guys trucks would just run right over mine and and you wouldn't notice any more than if you had hit an empty beer can.

I gotta' know where to go (and get there early) so I don't crushed by accident.

Storm 51

Amer-team

I am not from that area, but North on H sounds reasonable. The side streets are very narrow and in the past they have had neighborhood cars parked there, so we will be on which ever side is open. Thank you for checking in on this. I have been doing this parade for about 14 years and we always seem to make it.

I will probably be bringing the M38A1. There is a driver lined up for it and she already has 3 passengers assigned. I may have another person that we have to passenger with someone, if we can find a seat. She will be wearing WW2 and if necessary could probably get her in with one of the WW2 groups.

Amram

Is there actually going to be room for my rig and trailer? If it is that tight then I could just nix bringing the trailer and just bring the truck instead. Also since there is alot of confusion about when and where to be perhaps we could designate a muster point for everyone to meet up at and convoy to the destination.

Amer-team

Amram, bring what you want. Nobody there will be bigger than Stuart's Hemmet.

What's the confusion? I recommend 0900, "H" St. SE Auburn WA. Our confirmation letter says just that.

Registration opens at 0930, but once vehicles start to arrive, manuevering rooms starts to diminish.

Last year we did the 20th anniversary of Desert Storm and had a tanker, M35A3, Humvee, M38A1,and Blazer and we lined up on "I" street. We had no problems and had the best looking outfit in the parade.

Amram

I was just asking because I am not the best at backing that m105 trailer up so once I am move in somewhere I tend to stay there. The short wheelbase on those trailer make them extremely hard to back up. I have learned this the hard way trying to back mine into my other driveway.

Amer-team

The parade starts at 1100, registration at 0930. In the past there is somewhere around 150 entries, so however long it takes to get them going. I would say it is over by about 1230, but that depends on your number in the lineup. They try to run current units, then veterans units, then other entries. If you are up towards the front it will be quick, if towards the back it will take a little longer. Hopet his helps.

Amram, sorry about the tire crack. I used to belong to a jeep club and they had a breakdown trophy of an old piston, that was owned by the person with the latest breakdown, until the next victim had their rig go down and that is how it was passed around in the club. The worst one was if you didn't wear your seatbelt, you had to hang a seatbelt with and old cow bell on your rig, until you caught the next victim.

Amram

Lol..that is awesome. We should setup something like that. Reminds me of the boat when someone messes up. I went through a school once for nuclear emergency response where the person who scored the lowest on the daily tests had a 30 lb granite boulder placed on their desk signifying they are the class rock. The person had to lug this boulder around everywhere they went during the school.

Amer-team

One week and counting. We will form up on "H" street in Auburn. It would be good if you get there in the 0900 to 0930 range. These are narrow side streets. Jim will tie in with us at the intersection of Main and H. It looks, if the weather holds, that we may have six vehicles. Would be glad for any late comers to tag along as well. There is one M151 with no top, so if it is pouring, he is weather dependant. I am going with good weather, so have not put the top on the M38A1 yet.
Will send a final reminder Friday evening. Hope to see you there.
If you have any questions, send a note or give me a call. 360 870 0706
Peter

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On "H" Street should we headed north (towards the high school) or south (towards Highway 18 )? I just want to know which way I should be headed so I don't have to try and turn around in those narrow streets.

Thanks, Peter!

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks