• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction links - changes to the rules

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Folks, just wanted to give an update on a tweaking of the rules here. We've loosened up on the rules when it comes to posting auction links. I've updated the Rules to reflect this. In high level, I wanted to explain about them here. In the past we were a lot more restrictive when it came to posting auction links due to the possibility of collusion. This was especially a concern back in the day when our core sponsorship was from GL. We were concerned to not get caught up in a place of hardship between the legality aspect of it and our advertiser. So the previous rule was simply to block all linking of auctions. We're going to allow linking to auctions once more. But the rule of collusion is still in place.

• You may post up a link to auctions.
  • You may NOT discuss bidding on auctions.
Also understand that this opens up the conversation about items in general that people might not have taken note of. That new thing you were hoping to snag for pennies on the dollar with no bids might suddenly get lots of bids. But that's just the nature of things.

Hopefully this change in rules will allow members to help others in some manner. Be it explaining that a part they're asking about might not work on their vehicle. Or in the instance of a vehicle that is inop, someone might be able to discuss with others on helping arrange transportation more easily.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks patracy - does this mean that the multiple item lots can be discussed by PM if some one posts "I only need 1 - but there are 4 on the pallet"... Or the combination in a lot that someone "only needs the trailer and is looking for someone who wants the tractor" etc?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
While that would in fact be collusion on it's own, a conversation that happens elsewhere in private among other people is something I have no control over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks