• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction process worked for me!!

1stDeuce

Ok, I've read with interest the recent discussion about the latest GL auction methods, and I've gotta say, they're working for me... :)

I came home from work today to check on some local lots that were ending at 6PM, and they all said "closed" on the main page a little after 5PM. All of them were still open, but I think nobody notices because of the lack of price update and the "closed" status on the main page.

I got two trucks for WAY less than I've seen them go, and a trailer as well. I think it was because of the lack of information to the semi-interested surfer. If I hadn't looked at each lot in detail, I would not have seen that they were still open for bidding...

Some have called this "broken" compared to the former method of updating price and closing time on the main page, but at least in my case, I think it got me a better deal...

Thanks!!
Chris

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1stdeuce: If you sleep with the devil, you are bound to get burned. Keep dealing with GL and you will definitely get screwed in some manner. For every one person such as yourself that has had a great GL experience, there are dozens that have had terrible experiences. Good luck with your truck/trailer and report back to the list after you've waited three months or more for your title with your truck languishing in your driveway. I think RECOVERY4X4 said it best...GL SUCKS.

1stDeuce

I guess my note about GL policy was not taken exactly as I meant it... I was trying to point out that if they have the site working as they want it, it's costing them profit... I'm pretty sure it is now less user friendly, and they are getting less business and lower prices as a result.

The CUCV's that I just bought went for barely over $1000, when I've seen most of them in similar condition in the high 2's to high 3's, particularly at Lansing. That's a lot of money for GL; cutting their profit by 2/3's.

And I know about the wait... I'm a patient man. And I have a house project to finish in the next month anyway! :)
C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks