• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction Talk why such a big TABOO???

Status
Not open for further replies.

a68cudas

Im new here and some what confused about some things maybe you can explain for me in more detail. Im sorry if i said something wrong by asking a simple question about something in an auction if the thing will fit or not. I myself do not see any harm in asking if something that is going to be sold etc will fit how else are you suppose to know if your unfamiliar with an engine? Im still confused on how you can loose your site because of people asking questions about stuff for sale in upcoming auctions or events....My question was not geared to stir things up it was a innocent question about if a certain engine would fit a certain vehicle is all what harm is in that? Could someone enlighten me on this? Im not trying to be a smart a** ... Im just trying to understand as a newbie here? :?: I can understand about not talking or bragging or taunting each other if your bidding on auctions. I never asked anyone to preview anything for me at any auction but as a newbie i would like to know why you are so against it? Is it no auction talk because people might steer other people away from these auctions by telling lies about stuff? I can see where that would be a problem.. but if something being sold by anyone including our government and the items are truely junk wouldnt you want to know by someone telling you so you dont buy a crap item? I have asked a moderator on here a cpl times if he would please expalin why? and im still lost in the confusion so PLEASE can anyone tell me what your reasoning behind the sites rules about no auction talk and why no auction talk and how you could loose anything because of talk????:?::?::?:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
some feel that talking about a item in a active auction will raise the price because more people will know about it ,, hence bid on it raising the end bid price

Westech

CPL
The federal government calls it "big rigging" and will land you in jail or at least a fine if they see fit. We here at SS are super high profile and don't even want to squeak open the door on that. Its just not worth it. If you want to ask a question about something that is or will be up for bid that is fine.. just don't say where, when, how, what time, auction number, nothing! Just ask about the item and not the auction.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told you very clearly. The peope here do not make the rules. Chris(SS) does. If you have a problem with the rules, ask SteelSoldiers(Chris, site owner).

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks