• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auctioned off with an intact weapons station

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find it interesting that the Marine Corps / DOD / DLA is requiring the removal of the weapons stations on the most recent batch of GP HMMWV slant backs, yet the Government allowed this M923 (item number 935644) to be sold with the turret intact. Not sure if it being located in Guam has anything to do with it. (It is a completed auction, so call off the dogs.) Maybe it slipped through. Just interesting.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess with silly kim threatening Guam, Uncle figured he'd help out Joe Q citizen with some defense hardware.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're talking about a government operation here and you're looking for consistency and logic? It makes sense if you don't think about it.

Guyfang

Staff member
Would be intresting to find out what the DEMIL code on the weapons station is. Got a nsn? We could look it up. Back in the 80-90 time frame, I mentioned something like this in front of a Stars and Stripes weasel. What a shi&storm that brought around. I wasn't real welcome around DRMO for a long time.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I know a driver that picked up a recalled M113 from a PD in Kentucky then delivered it to a civilian in Oklahoma. Guess they figured the cops didn't need it but the civi did.