• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Authentic Side Mirrors

DREDnot

did a little digging...round mirrors are mfr 34419.
rosco mirror

square mirror is mfr 3Y036.
Mirror Lite Company

Looks like they are now owned by rosco

Gamble

did a little digging...round mirrors are mfr 34419.
rosco mirror

square mirror is mfr 3Y036.
Mirror Lite Company

Looks like they are now owned by rosco
This is what I saw 'MLC' on the back of the one I had. I included a screen shot.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody know a source for Mirror Lite? They only list school bus distributors on their website. I’ll email them I suppose, if no one knows a good source.
Bulldogger

DREDnot

Anybody know a source for Mirror Lite? They only list school bus distributors on their website. I’ll email them I suppose, if no one knows a good source.
Bulldogger
They have an 800 number you can call for the nearest distributor. They list the TOP distributors on the website but none are really near you.

JKDAY

They have an 800 number you can call for the nearest distributor. They list the TOP distributors on the website but none are really near you.
I called Rosco and they told me to call Kascar. The salesperson didn't seem to understand the difference in style between the rounded corner and squared corner HMMWV mirrors. I emailed Mirror Lite but haven't received a response. The mirror is described as a 12" x 8" west coast style mirror on the website. As previously stated in the thread by Bulldogger, the NSN seems to apply to both the rounded corner and the sqaured corner mirrors.

DREDnot

. As previously stated in the thread by Bulldogger, the NSN seems to apply to both the rounded corner and the sqaured corner mirrors.
Yeah, it seems like one style is older and discontinued in favor of the newer style direct replacement as they are for the same application.
I looked at Kascar's website...it only has pics of rounded corners. It does list one tan one as "new style" but shows same stock photo. I am not sure which style is newest, square or rounded? but the square ones are rare.

Last edited:

JKDAY

Just received the following email from Rosco:

The more square mirror was made by Mirror Lite in the 2008 – 2012 time frame, then Rosco purchased Mirror Lite, and stopped producing that model in lieu of our model which is the more rounded and stocked by Kascar.

I don’t think you will find any lingering Mirror Lite models around – they / we (Rosco) haven’t produced in nearly ten years.

Peter Plate

Vice President Sales & Marketing

Sounds like ordering these mirrors new isn't going to be an option.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks