• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auto-Throttle on MEP-831a

Icesythe7

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Firstly I am using the kloppk governor controller, I am curious if there is a way that anyone knows of to turn off the low idle so it doesn't have to "catch up" for the power draw specifically for use with my little welder. I know other inverter gensets have this setting and didn't see any obvious setting on the 831a.

uniquify

20150130_171542a~2.jpg
The pin is in the red circle. It basically bypasses the governor controller. I think you have to hold the linkage in the full throttle position before the pin goes in. (Also useful when pull starting)

When you want to shutdown the genset, you'll need to pull that pin out (or hold the decompression lever, etc.)

Blue circle is the stock engine's throttle and should be all the way down for normal operation.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't hurt my governor controller to pin the actuator to full throttle.
To release the pin just move the actuator to full throttle. The pin will pop back out. Then slowly let the actuator move back to idle and the governor controller will take over.
If you pull the pin out the engine is likely to stall.

Last edited:

Icesythe7

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't hurt my governor controller to pin the actuator to full throttle.
To release the pin just move the actuator to full throttle. The pin will pop back out. Then slowly let the actuator move back to idle and the governor controller will take over.
If you pull the pin out the engine is likely to stall.
That's what I was wondering I know how the pin works since I have no batteries and have to pull start every time, just wanted to make sure if I left it pinned it wouldn't burn up the controller, some random guy gave me a good deal on that controller and didn't wanna see it die after a month lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks