• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

auto trans

Docter

it appears our little band of Vets are going to get those 2 deuces but the real question is in a worst case and the transmissions sre shot what are we looking at for a complete rebuild and how available is parts to be had. youres at arms Doc

acetomatoco

Mebbe M135/215 ? Trannys are seldom shot...sticky bands and the like but hardly ever shot...Remember they use non detergent engine oil... unless they have previously rebuilt with new style clutches which can tolerate atf

Docter

it seems we are going to have alot to learn about these trucks, i guess these tranys are like old tracters with engine oil in the trans. i guess the first order of business after we get these trucks recovered is to get the service and parts books. guess it is a good thing i was a 63W in the Army, and wrenched on farm equipment and heavy equipment. in the post we got a few other wrench turners and some folks that are willing to learn. Doc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks