• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Automatic tire chains

baja_power

For those of us who use our trucks on AND off road, could be useful instead of fidgiting with normal chains when we need traction, and taking them off for highway use. anyone up for it? :eek:

da_sgt

It's a nice thought, but I think they should be left for the school buses and fire trucks. I'm pretty sure they would be worthless "offroad" as deep mud/snow would just have them flinging around hap hazardly. Most times if I need chains, and its 4x4 or more, I chain the front only and I'm good to go... :wink:

Towerguy1

Usually the assembly on the auto chains hangs very low next to the tire even when not in use, I think it would be subject to being damaged by derbis when off road.

Opie

My county seems to have given up on using onspots and gone to straight 4WD for all our ambulances. The fire trucks still just use regular chains.

The onspots DO hang pretty low, and it looks like they might not work too well with NDTs. I think if you're moving less than 5MPH the chains don't swing well enough to be properly thrown under a standard tire.

Their FAQ also states a set for a vehicle WITH onboard air is $1495.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks