• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auxiliary Fuel Tank Addition Problem

cjkeeliii

I just added a second fuel tank to the right side of my '85 m1008. I wired it per the diagram, but don't seem able to get the valve or gauge sending unit on that side to activate. The valve was purchased from O'Reillys and did not come with instructions, so I wired and plumbed it based on some I found on the web. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I've included a link to the diagram. The diagram is for a Pollak brand and the one I purchased is a Borg Warner, but they appear to be the same.

http://pollak.thomasnet.com/Asset/IS-41_b.pdf

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What type of switch did you use? Did it come with the kit?

Did you ground it.

cjkeeliii

I did ground it under the dash on the driver's side where that prong-type ground is located. I also have my manual, push-button glow plug controller grounded there, too, and it still works. I originally used the switch that came with the valve, but I just returned from O'Reilly's where I bought a repro of the actual switch. Maybe I'll have better results? There are definitely fewer terminals to contend with. :-o

deuceaid

Banned
well get the VOM (voltage-ohm meter) out and start tracing wires and testing,,,,,its in there somewhere....double check fuses, and follow the power all the way to the valve/switch then move on from there. also it would not be the first time a new part is bad right out of the box, its rare, but its happened to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks