• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auxiliary M998 Gas tank

Rich7312

What's the best way to install a 2nd gas tank on a 1990 M998? One gas tank doesn't have a lot of range.

DatGuyC

The Hummer H1's had auxiliary tanks. You have to get a rear bumper and later style trailer hitch for the tank to mount to, plus all the specific things like brackets and skid plate.

NormB

MILSPEC is good too, brackets are available from many sources to mount in/outside truck or on bumper.

64C0C205-1506-46DA-B44B-7482B0CC256F.jpg

You DID specify “best way” which is debatable. Having a detachable, portable “tank” if you run out of fuel is a plus in my mind.

YMMV (see what I did there?).

911joeblow

There are also several 'universal' tanks that will work too. You can just pump them into the main tank.

Action

Nobody wanted these when I had them for sale. They had a hole cut in fender top for fill and used a valve to gravity feed the main tank. I think they went in a dumpster or recycled.

full.jpg

JoeJrTheBarber

Get creative !
The racecar / off road community loves their build to fit aluminum fuel cells.
I am sure you can either retro fit / have one made for your specific needs..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks