• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auxillary Fuel filer any ideas

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sorry this is not for my CUCV but my Suburban is a cousin so I thought some of you might have a thought on this.

My 1998 Suburban just ate the injector pump. Still under warranty so that will be fixed but the dealer wanted to drain and clean my fuel tank and lines for a tune of over 700 bananas. I told him do the warranty work and I will fix the fuel issue. That being for way less than 700 I think I want to put in an additional inline fuel fiter like a big truck has on it any thoughts on that and if I would run into any problems? I love the 6.5 Turbo for milage and power but the pumps are the weak link in them. Want to keep any junk out of the pump and eventually remote mount the PCM.

Thanks for the time on a non Mil Veh.

Just a note though there are a lot of HMMWV's in Iraq with 6.5 TD's

rizzo

I just had an extra filter added to my cucv just before the filter on the fire wall. I can get some pics after work today if you want. the rubber hoses go back to the inboard side of the square filter just over the rear of the tapet covers. the new filter has a mount that bolts to the bat. tray. it is a metal napa filter that has hose barbes on the same end. I can't remeber the number

acetomatoco

Just drain the garbage out of the standard filter once in a while and you will be fine... Its that knurled knob on the bottom with the hose on it.....on the CUCV. On the 98 6.5 turbo, if it is like mine...there is a nice fuel filter on the rear top of the engine under the dumb plastic dress-up cover.... it collects a lot of water and junk....and the drain for it is in the front of the engine ...looks like a petcock with a hose on it... just crack that with the engine running and put hose in a can and watch all the water and leaves and sticks and bubble gum wrappers flow out....You can change out the filter for about $20, too... ACE

Bill W

Being 26 years in the marine fuel cleaning business I like the Racor spinon series

http://www.parker.com/EAD/displayCa...divid=109&catid=154054&catdesc=DIESEL SPIN-ON

either the 400 series (primer ball) or the 600 series ( no ball ) being its going to be the Primary ( first ) filter from the tank I would use a Racor 30 micron (P) but no finer then a 10 micron(T) filter ( Your stock engine filter is around a 6-8 micron ). I would also use ( if your not already) "Stanadyne jr" fuel additive,

http://www.stanadyne.com/new/ppt/ppt_dfa.asp

this stuff is great for the older GM and Cummins engines that don't handle the low sulfer fuels very well (Lubricity wise). Now if your having a fungus (aka algae) problem then I'd also recomend using "Bio Kleen" by Power Service products or Fuel Prep 1000 from Penray products. There are other filters that will work also but I like/have the Racor spin ons as they are easy to change and have a clear bowl so you can see whats going on in there and you can mount a water detector probe in the bowl.
Sorry if I got long winded

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks