• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auxillary fuel line for MEP802a

Humpy

Can anyone give me a good description of the auxillary fuel line for a MEP802a. I see the box where it is supposed to be but nothing there and can't find it in the -10 manual for it.

Are there fittings on each end?

How long is line?

Is there a better fuel line available than what came on it?

I am wanting to get set up to store a 55 gal drum of off road diesel and perhaps a drum of non ethenol gas stored away from the house but available in bad weather conditions.

rustystud

Can anyone give me a good description of the auxillary fuel line for a MEP802a. I see the box where it is supposed to be but nothing there and can't find it in the -10 manual for it.

Are there fittings on each end?

How long is line?

Is there a better fuel line available than what came on it?

I am wanting to get set up to store a 55 gal drum of off road diesel and perhaps a drum of non ethenol gas stored away from the house but available in bad weather conditions.
You can go with DOT Nylon (Poly) lines or go with stainless steel poly lined hose. The regular nylon hose is very reasonable, the stainless steel is expensive.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually on the generator end, the aux fuel line ties into the aux fuel pump. When you run in aux fuel mode and the tank gets down to 1/4 full, the aux fuel pump comes on till the tank goes over 3/4, then shuts off. It is designed to repeat as needed.

Humpy

Glassk, small world I moved here from Phenix City and lived near the flea market across from the elementary school on the 4 lane that goes out to Smith's.

I came in today with a 55 gal drum a buddie saved for me and took it to my stash pile and completely forgot I have what appears to be a 100 fuel oil tank with a lockable filler cap. The handle is broken on the spigot so another will replace it.

I found a very low very light trailer on Craig's list last year and got a great deal on it in Augusta. It is perfect for transporting a 55 gal drum of fuel and I am thinking if I had advance notice of pending ice storm I could make a quick run to town, fill it with off road diesel, add TC-W3 and some Sea Foam and pull it home where I could just back it up near the 802, hook it up and let it run.

I am thinking the trailer was fabricated for a 3 wheel off road as it is about five feet long, three feet wide at front and 4 ft wide at the back with a tilt down ramp. Never saw anything like it.

I can take some 2X8s and build cradle cribbing for a 55 gal drum radius cut to fit drum and put on a drum, run to town fill it up and it would ride nicely and the outlet would be about the same height as the 802 inlet sitting on the ground.

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This might sound crazy but I am considering using one of the SS braided hoses for your fridge. They are polypropylene inside and a 25 footer is like $15.

Edit - PolyPro is acceptable for straight diesel at ambient temps and OK up to about B50. Don't use B80 or higher with PolyPro for any length of time. It gets too soft.

Last edited:

Humpy

If your fridge hose is like mine I think the fittings are not going to be nearly big enough and they are not designed to be moved. There is another possibility.

FWIW I was introduced to a heavy nylon reinforced clear line called Tygon a few years back and it seems durable however I am not sure if it would be suitable for diesel????? Guy at the plumbing store told me to get rid of the copper line in our trailer going to the HEAD and use Tygon instead and it was worked quite well. I just looked up Tygon Tubing on Wikipedia and seemingly it might be acceptable????? Lots of places on intenet seem to have it.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tygon should be fine. Since the fridge hose is pretty cheap I'm going to modify one to use JIC fittings.

lxawolf

I think the SS braided hose come in two sizes. 1/4 or 3/8. The 1/4 is for the fridge but you can also get 3/8 for a dishwasher hookup. Not sure on the available length but a interesting idea. Should be easy to find an adapter from the NPT to JIC 37°.