• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Average shipping cost for Armor from UK or Eastern Europe??

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wondering what the ballpark is from UK or Eastern Europe to US east coast for say a 30,000 lb vehicle? I'm really getting the itch for some wheeled or tracked armor. The prices in the US are insane as far as I see.

Augdog1964

Prices are insane for a reason...

I've personally lost $50,000 and two vehicles to Richard Moore in the UK... who conveniently declared bankruptcy after he got my money...

A friend of mine "bought" a Chieftain, paid in full, and magically it was sold to another individual in country... oh so now he's had to sue...

The stories go on and on...

But to answer your question... depends on size and weight, and if it is driveable, and/or if it fits in a container.

RO/RO (driveable on and off) is cheapest... last shipment was a Chieftain Tank, Mk 10.... 7500 USD to Baltimore from UK port.

Talk to Mike Lynch for any and all sea shipping of military vehicles... OH, and you'll need a bond, and a customs broker here in the US, and DON'T forget to get an approved Form 6 BEFORE you import.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prices are insane for a reason...

I've personally lost $50,000 and two vehicles to Richard Moore in the UK... who conveniently declared bankruptcy after he got my money...

A friend of mine "bought" a Chieftain, paid in full, and magically it was sold to another individual in country... oh so now he's had to sue...

The stories go on and on...

But to answer your question... depends on size and weight, and if it is driveable, and/or if it fits in a container.

RO/RO (driveable on and off) is cheapest... last shipment was a Chieftain Tank, Mk 10.... 7500 USD to Baltimore from UK port.

Talk to Mike Lynch for any and all sea shipping of military vehicles... OH, and you'll need a bond, and a customs broker here in the US, and DON'T forget to get an approved Form 6 BEFORE you import.

OUCH!!! That hurts just reading it!! Holy Smokes! No recourse? None? (Note to self,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,armor is NOT in my budget!)

dmetalmiki

Really sorry to hear all that..There were SO many warnings posted about 'NOT purchasing "more! vehicles" from the U.K. IF you really desire a tracked or 'Many Wheeled' 'thingy' running and reliable P.M. Me and I WILL get some sane and sensible advices for you. So, don't give up your wish just yet.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow..That's terrible Augdog, The guy I bought my machinegun from got burned about the same amount trying to import some bmp-1's about 10 years ago. Can the money be put in escrow until the vehicle reaches us shores?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It can, its just expensive and complicated... so you try to deal with reputable people, and even they burn you sometimes!
Well that explains why the incredible prices in the US, If you get burned out of so many vs legit people. Thank you sir for all your help. I'm still in the investigate stage before taking any plunge. Looks like I'll have to talk to the guy I was talking about, he became an importer. Name is Bob Bowman, are you familiar with him?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks