• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AVM lock out hub installation

rwminck

Hello, I am new to the M35A2 world as I just bought one on Ebay and it being shipped next weekend. Can you please tell me why these are a good mod when I can unlock the front from the cab? P.S. I have never had a 4x4 either. Thanks

welldigger

Hello, I am new to the M35A2 world as I just bought one on Ebay and it being shipped next weekend. Can you please tell me why these are a good mod when I can unlock the front from the cab? P.S. I have never had a 4x4 either. Thanks
You must get out of the truck to engage them. They disconnect the drive shafts from the from wheels. This allows the front wheels to freewheel on the hubs. Meaning less rotating mass the truck has to fight with. Also, while steering most 2.5 ton rockwell axles have u joints inside the steering knuckles. U joints change velocity when they change angle. Unlike CV (constant velocity) joints. This creates a slight bind the truck must overcome while steering. Lockouts eliminate this problem while disengaged.

Another Ahab

New member! No hijack here, but welcome to you rwminck, from right here in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

I'm keeping this short and sweet, but hang tough you're in the right spot, you'll get your answers (and never be bashful about searching the threads here, people here appreciate it when you do your homework).

rwminck

Another Ahab, I did try to use the search function, but I had little luck (still learning the site resources). 10-4 on the "homework", copy all. Thanks

lawnmowerman

is that all you have to do on the hub is simply remove the cap and bolt on new lock out no removel of any guts don't sound that simple or is it seen some pics of some guy seemed like he was removing all kinds of things some body school me removing and replacing with Rockwell on m35a3 just take off hub and nothing else?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Seems you are Grammar Police. I Am Not An English Or Spelling Teacher
From the forum rules!

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read! Note: this is a RULE, and is enforceable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks