• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aw Nuts

m35a2cowner

I can not find the torque specifications for the hub where the bearings ride on the front axle (12 3/8s studs). My experience with the manual on CD is less than productive. Does anyone know what its called and where in the manual I can find it Thanks

FreightTrain

Banned
You mean the spindle to knuckle connection?Not much.Those studs are pretty soft.I just tightened them down to where I felt safe.make sure you use new lock washers.They are pretty cheap.I think about a buck a pack at Napa.A lot of people have upgraded(kinda strange going from Studs to Bolts and saying upgrade) with Grade 8 bolts.When I have to tear back into mine I am going to find some Grade 8 or better Studs to replace all teh stockers.

m35a2cowner

Nuts

Thanks, I guess I am going to have to do just that. I did find a section in the repair manual dealing with those 12 bolts and it only says to tighten evenly. I can't believe they don't have a torque spec, as tight means many different things to different people. Thanks for the advice, I just gotta realize in the field you might have to do without things like torque wrenches.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks