• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aw Nuts

m35a2cowner

I can not find the torque specifications for the hub where the bearings ride on the front axle (12 3/8s studs). My experience with the manual on CD is less than productive. Does anyone know what its called and where in the manual I can find it Thanks

FreightTrain

Banned
You mean the spindle to knuckle connection?Not much.Those studs are pretty soft.I just tightened them down to where I felt safe.make sure you use new lock washers.They are pretty cheap.I think about a buck a pack at Napa.A lot of people have upgraded(kinda strange going from Studs to Bolts and saying upgrade) with Grade 8 bolts.When I have to tear back into mine I am going to find some Grade 8 or better Studs to replace all teh stockers.

m35a2cowner

Nuts

Thanks, I guess I am going to have to do just that. I did find a section in the repair manual dealing with those 12 bolts and it only says to tighten evenly. I can't believe they don't have a torque spec, as tight means many different things to different people. Thanks for the advice, I just gotta realize in the field you might have to do without things like torque wrenches.