• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axle boot

Heavysteven

It took me and a friend 8 hours. That was going slow and easy. It's not hard but the parts are heavy. Buy the front axle repair kit from OD Iron and lock washers for the bearings. Repack the bearings and buy 10 cans of brake cleaner.

FYI I did not fill my boots completly full of grease. Do you really even need the boots if your no going off road.

AceHigh

I just did one side with a new silicon boot. Big mistake. For the amount of work do both sides as the seals are much easier to remove if you can go in from the opposite side and knock it out. Man, I must have spent a couple of hours on the inner seal alone.

I finally designed a slide hammer to get the job done- out of plumbing parts! Much easier to do the whole axle.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/37104-hillbilly-slide-hammer-seal-removal.html

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone used the silicone zippered New Star boots yet? It is time to do another one aua

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dunno, gotta find some. I've heard they make them but have yet to see them.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone used the silicone zippered New Star boots yet? It is time to do another one aua
I've got a New Star catalog and I don't see them listed. I'm not so sure they have silicone boots with zipper. I can give them a call and find out for sure.

RAYZER

If it it is the seal, that whole side of the axle will have to be taken apart. No the diff does not need to be pulled. There is a great step by step with pics thread here somewhere. let me see if I can find it.
when dissasembeling , you can leave the brake shoes intact on the backing plate and just wire it up out of the way,this will save some time!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They sell them yellow, green, orange, red, blue. I can get them if you need them
I'm a New Star dealer. Everything I've seen online and in their catalog, they don't offer the silicone boots with zipper. Atleast they don't list them as being zippered boots.

reloader64

I tried to order a pair of non-zippered boots from TNJ Murray, but when I tried to check out, I got an error code. I couldn't find a phone number for them. Does anyone have any contact information for them?

Thanks,
Scott

RAYZER

i had used the top brake spring to hang the backing plate and forgot to reinstall it when i put the hub and wheel back on, 20 min added to the job!!:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks