• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axle id help

mudog4

i have a set of axles i wanna use for a project on the tag it says rockwell model fds-1600-sax-2 on the front but i dont know if its 5 ton or bigger?????????? does anyone know how to find out the ton rating on the axles

mudog4

yea its faceload it might be possible to be 201 or 215 cuz the tag is all messed up but i can just get those number off them on the rear housing right in the middle it has a IH so im guessing it came out of a international harvester, my computer wont let me put pics up

poorman4x4

we have a set like that 30 ton but planetary ends, in the parts manuel i dont see a sun gear or three planet gears ,its just showing a spindle and one hub w/bearings thats it for your axle

Last edited:

mudog4

yea they r not planetarys, when i got them the guy said they were 5 tons but i just got another set of 5tons and these 1600s r way bigger so i was trying to find out if they were 10 tons or bigger 30ton that sound really heavy , do u see how heavy the are in ur book or where ever ur getting ur info

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks