• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle seal options

sammi91

So my duece has a leaking front axle seal. My question is do any local parts stores carry or can they get the needed seals. I don't want to order if possible and would like to keep my money local. any help with part number cross overs would help. Thanks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Front? I ask because you have to tear the whole knuckle apart to get to it. There is a lot of stuff it will need to leak through to show as a leak. Could it be a knuckle boot?

Heavysteven

To my knowledge they are not available at Napa..etc. Only military vendors carry them ODIron, Mephis, TJNMurry...etc.

I had a clogged spring vent which caused the inner axle seal to fail. It pushed gear oil all the way through the boot, bearings, pads, and drum.

Clay James

I'm about to replace both inner axle seals on my front axle. I ordered the front seal kit through OD Iron, now if they would ever ship I can replace them. The front right was pouring gear oil out of the knuckle boot so it has to be done. The left isn't leaking that I can tell but, I'm just going to replace it anyways since the axle has a lot of water in the gear oil.

sammi91

Yes it could be the axle boot. I am going to replace all seals and boots on both sides in front.