• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle seals

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While rebuilding my front axle this weekend i mesured the seals in the kit and cross referenced them to commerical part numbers. The inner axle shaft seals are #450074 . you can sub #470074, 480074, 410074. the difference in the metal outside case for the seal. The pinion seals are #430101n . There is 14 subustitions for this seal If you like PM me and i'll list them. These numbers are National oil seal numbers ( FEDRAL MOGUL) any auto or bearing supply can get these. I know most surplus dealers have these but some times you need them on a weekend when most bearing supply stores (in houston anyway) are open.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Witch seal do you need ? The pinion seals are the same on all 3 axles. The weel bearing seal is a strange one and i haven't found it in the catalog yet. If it's the pinion seal check the bearings also when they go bad (usally the one at the front of each axle) the seal will leak because of shaft wobble. I also have those timkin #'s if you need them.

cten

I was going to get both to be safe. The inner and the outer seal that keeps the gear oil from mixing with the gear grease and ruinning the bearing.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cten the inner weel seal is the same as the front. A number i havent found yet. The outer seal appears to be a military item only. Sorry

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ken said:
While rebuilding my front axle this weekend i mesured the seals in the kit and cross referenced them to commerical part numbers. The inner axle shaft seals are #450074 . you can sub #470074, 480074, 410074. the difference in the metal outside case for the seal. The pinion seals are #430101n . There is 14 subustitions for this seal If you like PM me and i'll list them. These numbers are National oil seal numbers ( FEDRAL MOGUL) any auto or bearing supply can get these. I know most surplus dealers have these but some times you need them on a weekend when most bearing supply stores (in houston anyway) are open.
Ken,

I went to NAPA this weekend to buy pinion seals and those drooling retards actually tried to tell me I'd have to pay shipping to get one of the 23695 seals shipped in. Went to my local supplier and he crossed the above Napa # into 410101N. I see you have 430101N listed above. Is 410101 on your list of crossovers? Thanks

Clinto

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clint, that seal should work. According to my book . The difference is the seal width. The metal outside seal casing is 5/16 wide and the 43 is 3/8 wide. They both have a double lip and are suted for oil and grease.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't been able to find any eather D-man. I was going to try going strait to rockwell here in houston and see if they had a #

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks