• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axle strength: M105 vs. M332 vs. M200 vs. M353 trailers...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might have a need for a heavy trailer axle for a future project build, would like a trailer axle that uses 9.00x20 tires on the end. That pretty much limits it to the following trailers: M105 cargo, M332 ammo, M200 and M353 genset carrier. Each of these uses these size tires.

However, due to the varying weight limits of these trailers (1.5 ton for the M105 and M332, 3 ton for the M200, 3-1/2 ton for the M353) I would gather that the axles are of different strengths and thicknesses, since the wheels/tires are the same, the axles and suspensions must be heavier for the non-M105 trailers.

Does anyone happen to have pictures of the axles of these trailers, from up underneath the bodies, to show the differences in the sizes/strengths of these axles?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trailer I would be making would necessitate a single axle that can hold 5,000 lbs easily at road speeds. I prefer these trailer axles because the 9.00x20 tires would be rather cheap compared to a similar sized commercial truck tire, or going bigger to the 11.00x20. Thanks for the input, guys...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks