• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle Swap (M101A3 axle to a M101A2 frame)

scranch18121

I'm looking at putting a M101a3 Axle under a M101A2 trailer so I have the wider axle under a better frame and tub.

What I'd like to do is unbolt the springs from the frame at all 4 connecting points on the A3 and roll it over to the A2 and re-bolt. Does anyone know if they are compatible... and this can be done without cutting anything.

Putting together a hunting / trail gear trailer and have other mods coming.

derf

I just put a civy 3500lb axle under a M101A1.
The A2s have heavier leaves than the A1s, but the A1 I have had 7 instead of 5 leaves.
I haven't seen an A3 but I'll bet the spring mounts are the same. Just measure them.
I thought the A3s had better 4" frame?
The M101s should all be on M116 chassis, right? You may want to look at swapping the trailer bodies. I think there are some bolts and slotted holes in the chassis and the body comes off easily.

ultim8gamr

In the lot of 3 M101A2s that I bought. Two had the thicker frames and one had a shorter one. all had the A2 axles, but one had longer studs on the hubs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking at putting a M101a3 Axle under a M101A2 trailer so I have the wider axle under a better frame and tub.

What I'd like to do is unbolt the springs from the frame at all 4 connecting points on the A3 and roll it over to the A2 and re-bolt. Does anyone know if they are compatible... and this can be done without cutting anything.

Putting together a hunting / trail gear trailer and have other mods coming.
??? Why is the 101A2 a better frame and tub? The -A3 frame should be an inch taller and rated at 1 ton. The swap is a complete bolt in. I did the reverse of what you did not long ago, put an -A2 axle in an -A3 trailer. Here's a link but no pics in progress. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=40607

Instead of swapping springs, I just swapped axles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks