• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle Swap!!

Section8

Hello, I'm new to the site, so if this has been asked before I apologize for bringing up old wounds. I am looking to purchase and bob an M-135, up here in Canada, then swap out the bango style axles for the rockwells of a M35A2. Also have thought about putting those new gears that are avalible on the after market, 4.90:1 instead of keeping it at 6.77:1.
Has anybody considered this in the past or have any thoughts on it!

Section8

The only company that I have found who makes them is call Ouverson Engineering and Machining. They have ^.72:1 sets for $1000 and the 4.90:1 set for $1,200 american dollars.
More expensive for me since I am Canadian.

m5040

And the M135 has torque rods that position the axle, the M35 uses the leaf springs. What is wrong with the stock axles? Only the ratio ?

Section8

Some say the banjo axles aren't as strong as the rockwell axles. Plus I am not familliar enough with the M135 to figure out how to get better milage out of the truck, besides bigger tires. I want to basically put a whole diff drive train into the truck for better reliability and function. I don't know if I am even thinking this is possible or it has as much hope as a fart in the wind.

Westech

CPL
well I am kinda doing that with my M211. I have a set of M35 axles and installing a air shift T-case. really you have to use everything from the donor frame. Mounts, springs all that, even have to change the air pack to M35.