• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axle

bigmech

I'm also thinking about swaping out the remaining rear axle for a front axle. I think a all wheel steer M35 shorty with power steering would be a cool truck for my boss v-plow. It's killing my one ton front end, and I think more plow jobs would be in the future with a rig thats fun to watch work. Anyway can it be done? Does the axle need to be flipped? Would the drive shaft work? etc.

FSBruva

First things first... please put your location in either your signature or your profile, so we know where you are!!!

The military tried doing plowing with deuces, and found that a 5 ton is better for it. (except that 5 tons have a rotten turning radus) Plus, your front axle already has a lot of weight on it with that hulking multi-fuel sitting right above it. Not sure of the mechanics of it, but I am sure some folks would be happy to help out.

Matt

M1075

Yeah, it can be done and has been done time and time again by the 4x4 offroad/rock crawler crowd. With better rims & tires, you probably wouldn't have any problem with the weight in the front. I would plan to add some weight in the rear, though. Don't forget the snow chains! I picked up a brand new set last weekend for 46" Michelin XMLs. 4x4 with 4 wheel steer, super singles, and chains. That would be a sweet setup!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks