• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AZ: Deuce Shop Van RV Tow Rig

kurtkds

I realized this bolt was missing on the bottom of the bell housing.

Do I replace this bolt or is some kind of vent would be a weird place for a vent for the Clutch. Been looking through all the manuals with not much info on the bellhousing maybe I am not using them corrrect.

So the question is does the Bell housing contain fluid if so which kind?
Please see pic

That is the drain hole for the bell housing. In picture #2 there is a plug to the left of the open hole. That is the plug that goes in the open hole, that is the storage location for the plug when it is not being used. You plug the drain hole before you ford through deep water.

Do a search on fording kits for more information on the subject.

No fluid goes in the bell housing unless you want to put a new clutch in..LOL

You want to a yellow metal safe gear oil. There are a lot of posts about what oil people prefer.

zout

Nice score on the shop van. AHHHHH - all that extra room and windows what a guy could do with all of that [thumbzup]

I hope Neil reads this and see's that front ladder on the box - we have them going up that backside.

There are a lot of guys here with R/V units from these trucks and they are absolutely perfect for the use. You will love the extra windows w/screens for cross ventilation if you chose no ac route (but it gets hotter than crap in them).

Lots of things you can do to that interior as well once you get going to make it like home in there and also cut down the noise for the little one.

Post pics of your build as you go along and would like to keep an eye on your progress.
I had a LONG thread here on a build of one but I had it removed.
Maccus-Phil-109Guy-MdMorgans all have good threads of what they had done (I think Mac's is gone) but his is awesome as well.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you tell a 109 from a 185??
I think at the time, I thought it had to do with the extra windows, but now I believe the extra windows are merely an early 109/185 thing. To my understanding now, I think the M185 is differentiated from the M109 by the tool set it carries, not the actual vehicle.

Brian Thomas

From what I have read, the truck has been sold and the kid dont have it any more. No activity for over a year here or on or on Pirate. I would guess that he had to become a responable adult and some toys must wait.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks