• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AZ talk me outa it...

sapp393

Greets all from AZ. I am looking at buying an M35A2. Actually going with the wife to take a look at one this Sunday. I work from home with my current job and also run a gunsmithing/manufacture/sales business out of my home as well (all legit have my 07 FFL). So I determined I no longer need my current (SUV) vehicle. I have a Harley to run around town with and the wife has her car. I am currently going through the site to gather info etc but any tips off your guys heads for what to look for as a show stopper? I have driven/maintained a M113, M548, M998, a HEMMT (once or twice), even a school bus to take troops to the range. But I gladly acknowledge my newb status as to the M35A2.

Primarily looking at using it for:
Hunting trips/Camping
Promote my gunsmithing business
I am pretty active in the Vets community so parades and functions for that as well.
When all else fails and I need to plow my way from Fountain Hills to Willhoit going backroads with gear and guns I will have it as well.

Thanks for your time looking forwarded to getting edumicated through the posts.
Sapp

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have all the bases covered with your skill set. You just need to decide how much money you want to spend. The days of the cheap Deuces are gone. Plan on at least $3500+.

Here is a good prep

View attachment So you want to buy a Deuce (final).doc

Just an FYI. This is not a prepper site and guns and Zombie discussions are not allowed.

Last edited:

sapp393

Finding one for $3500 range out here is tough as well. Although time plays a major factor. Time to hit the auction sites, time to spend fixing up etc. Wish I had more of it!

And tracking on your last point as well.
Thanks

Edit to add. Great document cleared up a lot of things right away that were nagging the back of my head. Will need to re-read a few times so it sticks. Especially the brake system part. I didn't realize that.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sapp, If your not in a rush I will have one for sale, It is a runner but I need to fix the brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks