• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AZ (Tucson) emissions

Sam27

Can anyone tell me about emission testing for an M1008 in Arizona? Is it required at all? If so, do they understand that it wasn't originally made the same as a similar civilian version? I'm considering a move to Tucson and am wondering what I'll be up against.

ragedracer

Tucson is very similar to Phoenix emissions. You will need an emissions test, which costs $12.25 in Tucson. All they test for is opacity (smoke, I think). They put it on a dyno, stick meters in the exhaust pipes (make sure they extend beyond the bumper or bed), then run it up to 50 or 55mph (cant remember!) and start the measurement. They do this twice, maybe 3 times. You're allowed 30% opacity. FWIW, my M1009 passed just fine, straight off the base, and we have a 20% opacity limit in Phoenix.

ragedracer

Oh, and I'll add - the guys at the station didn't even blink. They don't care if it's military or not. It's just a diesel to them.

One other question, is it already titled and registered? If not, we're gonna have to talk. :wink:

muta4warrior

I did a my test about 4 weeks ago when I got mine. All they had me do was mash on the gas a few times and gave me a pass sheet then went to the DMV and got my plates. :-D

ragedracer

I did a my test about 4 weeks ago when I got mine. All they had me do was mash on the gas a few times and gave me a pass sheet then went to the DMV and got my plates. :-D

Ya lucky bastard! I just ran mine last week. I had to mash the gas once to test the governor, then they ran it on the dyno with the sniffer for ~3 minutes at 55mph. Passed!

(This is your fellow DSFL, btw)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks