• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B/O Light Problem/Questions

Disciple

Alright, I went through the TM on this one and don't like the answer. I don't know if the Sheriff's Department that had this truck before me did something to the B/O system when they installed their light bar or the Trailer Brake Controller, but it ain't workin' right!.

I have to have the Right Side Switch up, or the Tail and Brake lights don't work. Everything else works no matter what position the switches are in. The B/O Marker lights never work, there are no B/O Drive lights installed. I've looked at the Wiring Schematic and can't make sense of it, the TM said to test one of the wires, if there was voltage, (there was) replace the switch.

I can't find the switches online to purchase anywhere! aua Does anyone know where I can buy them? I was trying to see, by looking at the Schematic if the B/O Drive lights need to be installed to complete the circuit for the Marker lamps, but I can't tell. Also, I hooked one of the Marker lamps directly to 12v and it came on, so I know at least one works!

Can someone tell me how to test the switch? Like, for instance "In the up position, terminals A and B should have contiuity", etc?

Thanks guys!

Crash_AF

Ok, so let me see if I've got your issues correct:
Brake lights work only with right switch (one closest to the headlight switch) up
Parking lights work only with the right switch up
Turn signals work all the time
Headlights work all the time
Front marker lights work all the time? Not clear from your post.

As designed, the standard truck lights (Brake, turn, parking and headlights) work only with the right switch in the up position
The blackout lights in the bumpers are on with the right switch in the down position
The drive light is controlled by the left switch

Quick things to check:
Is the wiring to the headlight switch and the blackout light switch spliced/jumped anywhere?
Are the blackout lights in the bumpers painted over?

Later,
Joe

Later,
Joe

Last edited:

Disciple

Sorry, I mis-spoke a little. With the right switch up, everything works (except for the BO marker lights). If the same switch is in any other position, everything still works except for the Brake lights and, again, no BO marker lights. My mistake earlier was that the Running lights do work in any switch position, just not the brake lights. So, nothing Blacks-out except the brake lights and the marker lights never work. They are not painted over, and I ran one of them directly to 12v to test, and it worked. The TM said to test for voltage on the Orange wire at back of switch, if there is voltage, replace switch. I did have voltage to the orange wire, but then I learned that there is also a BO Relay. Could this be part of the problem? I was wondering how to test for a faulty switch and/or relay. Hope this is a little more clear.

I will check what you said, for splices, etc hopefully tomorrow, but from what I've seen so far, it all looks stock.

Also wondering if anyone knows where to get a replacement switch.

Thanks!

Crash_AF

Ok, so it works as designed with the switch up, and with the switch off (middle) the headlights/parking lights still work but the brake lights don't? Correct?

If so, then the PD has probably bypassed the blackout switch somehow with a jumper. Check for splices on the switch plug itself and on the headlight switch plug.

With the switch down, the blackouts are not on at all? Correct?

The Relay only controls the blackout drive light, nothing else so it's probably not the issue.

Did you check the fuse? Should be a 5 Amp fuse in about the upper middle of the fusebox.

Later,
Joe

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first question I have is...are you wanting the system to be stock?

If possible post some pictures of the wiring going to the B/O switches. No telling what the PO did to the wiring.

Between Crash and myself, I'm sure we can figure this out.

As far as I know the switches are no longer made and not for sale. I'm sure you might stumble across some used ones (above post).

The pictures in the other threads have been restored. Thanks mangus580.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks