• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B29 FIFI in Kansas this week end Olathe Naval air Station

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A bunch of us will have our MV's this weekend at the old Olathe Naval Air Station. It's a CAF deal but we usually have more Mv's then they do planes. It's going to be free and hot, but if you are looking for something to do come on out. If you got a large bank roll you can catch a flight on the only flying B29.
Join us for our ANNUAL AIR EXPO
July 16 and 17
Featuring
FIFI, the only flying B-29
and
P-51 Mustang Gunfighter

Commemorative Air Force / Heart of America Wing - Home

sktww

i just watched the youtube vid from the caf. it brought back a lot of memeries. i lived in harlengen tx till i was 9 years old. my dad worked for trans texas airways and we would always go to the air show. dad knew all the guys and we got to climb on most of the planes that the caf had on site. at the harlingen airport there was a field FULL of planes waiting to be restored. the b58 hustler was my fav. the harligen airport was an "air force" base and when it closed there was a lot of houses for sale. my folks bought one, after 2 weeks of wondering if they could make the $90 a month payment. that was 1963. we left there for houston in 1968.
lond time ago

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the b58 hustler was my fav. the harligen airport was an "air force" base and when it closed there was a lot of houses for sale.
My Dads last base in the 60's was LRAFB it was Sac then and had B58's . I remember as a scout we got to ride in the B58 simulator, It was a high light of my young life.

skinnedknuckles

I hope to see this B-29 up here at Oshkosh in a couple of weeks along with a whole bunch of other great aircraft. They also have a small WW2 army encampment near the warbirds area.

Paul in Janesville, Wis

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We did have one member go down late Saturday, he works indoors and was drinking gallons of water. Got him cooled off and no bad outcome just didn't come back out Sunday.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks