• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B29 R3350 ENGINE NOS 4 SALE.

cobra5

Try Neptune Aviation Services Inc. in Missoula Mt. This appears to be the same R3350 we use on the P-2 Neptunes. The phone number is 406-542-0606 ask for Randy Hendricks or Tracy Brendal. Here's the website: www.neptuneaviation.com Not sure if they are going to pay 10K for an engine without log books.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been thinking of getting something for dynamic display. it's hard to justify spending that much (for me anyways) for another big usless thing to put inside the garage, even if exciting as it looks. JimK

ps there was a R2800 on e-bay as of Fri.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
It occurs to me that there is an ol'boy in Alabama that owns a LARGE trucking company - and also collects vintage aircraft. Need any hauling done - might could work a swap.

DD

vtdeucedriver

DDoyle said:
It occurs to me that there is an ol'boy in Alabama that owns a LARGE trucking company - and also collects vintage aircraft. Need any hauling done - might could work a swap.

DD
Who would that be dave????

JavaJeep

Hi,

What did you get for the 2 x R-3350s ?

I have 2 in cans to sell located in Europe , ex Italian Air Force C119G Flying Boxcar engines

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That would really make a nice airboat engine too big enough to haul your duece across the bay.

Hope it finds a hope that rebuilds it and puts that magnificent piece of engineering to use.

DanMartin

Remember that when starting these engines (in a B-29) it was SOP to have a full fire crew on standby near the plane in the somewhat likely event that something caught fire...lots of raw fuel pouring out of the exhaust when these things are cranking over.

These engines were beasts...in every respect of the word. Very temperamental. Remember that shortly after the war these engines were phased out and most B-29s were fitted with the Pratt & Whitney R-4360 engines not only because of power, but because of reliability improvements (although these things leaked oil like a sieve). The re-fitted B-29s were designated B-50.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
**UPDATE**
SOLD the R3350 to a guy in Belaire MD. He wants to put it in his Tractor he's building for Tractor Pulls...!!!...I will be watching for him this fall at the AA county fair grounds tractor pulls!.. Thanks for your help@!!..
Kevin..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks