• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

baby HEMTT gets a new look.

Jones

Skidplate, grill and assorted hardware done and installed. With the exception of the grill, headlight and observation window openings, the skidplate is one continuous piece of .250" 4' X8' steel plate. Wrestled that sucker up into place after making the top and bottom brackets; placed and mounted the bottom supports and stiffeners. Some day I'm gonna own something that doesn't have parts that outweigh me.

Attachments

M35guy

looks like ya coulda used about 4 extra sets of hands plus your own to install it. looks real good there, your project is coming right along. I personally dont like much of anything with parts that outweigh me, thats why I bought a motorcycle.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know Leonard, when you first started talking about this project I was a little mystified. I'm usually pretty good at visualizing one's ideas but the HEMTTette was hard for me to picture. Now that its taking shape I'm thinking that this might just be the best thing since camouflage. What a utilitarian truck this will be. Again, fabulous fabrication there Sir. I have a question for you though. Do you like the cab over design? The mog had almost no hood and no this has less than no hood. I guess I'll eventually know when I get to drive a HEMTT. I can't wait to see this completed. Guess I'll finally have to make the maiden voyage to Cali when it's done.

M1075

Looking good man. I thought that piece was alumnimun on the HEMTTs? Be sure to get an Oshkosh emblem for the grill.

rmgill

Actually, I think you need your own emblem.

Jones with some kind of curly circular emblem. Kinda like the Daimler Emblem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks