• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

baby HEMTT update

Jones

Didn't want you guys thinking I'm just sitting by the fire, twiddling my thumbs.
Lately I've;
Mounted steering box and found that tire hits it in tight right turn. Made bracket and re-mounted steering box four inches higher.
Made up bracket and mounting plate for steering idler arm so as to have a long enough drag link to keep the truck from self-steering in rough terrain. Next, steering related, is a homemade Vee-drive to get the steering shaft pointed back forward towards the steering box input shaft.
Made up the center walkway supports and set walkways in place to dimension for front and rear supports. With walkways in place I can also see what room I have for air dryer and "wet tank" of air system and where the engine doghouse framework needs to fit in.
Then after lunch, I....

Attachments

Jones

Thanks for the kind words. I always try to think far enough ahead to the day when I'll be maintaining it and I hate an interference fit when it comes to swinging a wrench. Everything should be mechanic and service friendly.

Dieselsmoke

Jones, you gonna have tht thing ready to bring to Tower Park in April? :D You'll have everybody drooling all over the thing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks