• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

baby HEMTT update

Jones

Finally saw some sunshine and decided to tinker with the project truck for a bit. Got out my Fisher-Price My Little Press Brake and bent up the skid plate. Now laying out the support brackets for same. Also started on the fenders and splash guards. Gee, this thing is looking more and more like a HEMTT every day.

Attachments

All right Leonard! That is really taking shape fast. Very nice work on that front skid plate. I can't wait to get up there and see it.
Yeah, blue skies today. What's up with that? I chased out the ducks in my yard so I could fish the salmon that were spawning up the gutter. :)

Trango

So I was thinking about this build up last night as I went to sleep.

That thing is actually going to be a very, very capable four wheeler.

Low-Tech-Redneck

red devils dude said:
it geting there one piece at a time.
... and it didn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town,
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
Cuz' I'll have the only one there is around... :)

Capt.Marion

Man! When you finish that baby, you need to tour it hear in Georgia! Us hillbillys can't drive across the States, or tractor's ain't go nuthin' as far as gas mileage's concerned!

Jones

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It's definately been a learning experience and has helped me to fine tune my skills. Did have one fellow, after hearing my description of my truck, tell me I was incapable of doing a project like this without professional help.
What BS; Heck, I've known I've needed professional help for years.

M35guy

professional help? whats that? they keep telling me I need it too, but it aint made me get anyone to help yet.

Armada

Without "professional help", that really grinds me. Thats why I do things myself, at least I know what I'm getting. Why spend a bunch of money for someone to halfass, ef-up a job that in the end you have to go back and do over yourself?!
It's almost impossible to find someone, no matter what it's for, that takes pride in their work and will do a job that is done right the first time.

FSBruva

... and it didn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town,
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
Cuz' I'll have the only one there is around...
It's a '49, '50, '51, '52, '53, '54, '55, '56, '57, '58, '59 automobile...

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks